By Sarah Van Elzen
The thought of branding and formatting a creative HTML email or electronic newsletter with links and graphics can be overwhelming. However, knowing the importance of frequent, branded email communication kept me front row at the latest Constant Contact seminar.
After all, direct mail is becoming a thing of the past.
As industry trend watchers and online gurus, The Buyer Group team has found the next best thing: do-it-yourself email marketing.
After only a few minutes of the Constant Contact meeting, I questioned the performance and delivery of pre-tech-age corporate communication – not to mention its efficiency.
Constant Contact is a powerful, cost effective email marketing solution that allows you to send content-specific, customer oriented emails to your entire database in a matter of seconds. Options such as double opt-in forms, customizable sign up pages, spam filers, and most importantly reporting functions allow even the most novice user to find their way around the program easily.
The reporting function is the most beneficial of the program. It delivers the following information:
• How many emails were sent and delivered
• What percentage of your contacts opened the message
• The click through rate percentage
• Which links had the most click-throughs and by what percentage
• How many contacts opted-in or opted-out
• How many contacts forwarded email messages to a friend
• Identify emails that “bounced back” and why
• Compare results from your three most recent email marketing campaigns
In addition to reporting, using Constant Contact makes it easy to build and customize your email messages with an email wizard that walks you through the templates step-by-step. You even have the option to customize each template to complement the look and feel of your business.
For more information on The Buyer Group’s Interactive PR email marketing programs email Lisa Buyer: firstname.lastname@example.org