The Likeonomics movement has a new hangout and public relations pros take note, opportunities are just a pin away. Planet Pinterest, there is life on a new social media planet and it is reported to be moving in boards, likes, pins and repins.
What is Pinterest? Pinterest is like a living infographic. It is a virtual pinboard. Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan, discover, find and inspire.
With all eyes and pins on this new social media outpost experts are pinning in.
“Pinterest looks like it can drive lots of purchases to e-commerce websites,” according to a recent article in Business Insider.
Funded: Talk about Likeonomics, Pinterest is one of the fastest growing social PR site today. The company raisedacool $27 MinOctober, which included funds from AndreessenHorowitz, bringing its total funding to a reported $37.5 million. Its valuation could be as much as $200 million, according to Business Insider.
Referring Traffic Driver: I have personally witnessed Pinterest zoom out of nowhere to be the number one referring website in several of my client’s Google Analytics, pinning past Facebook in a 30-day period.
The PR Language of Pinterest
- Pinterviews http://blog.pinterest.com/tagged/pinterview – profiles of people who are using Pinterest in their best pinterest
- Pinteresting – What’s cool and interesting like washi tape, geometric patterns, post it art
- Buttons, boards and pins http://pinterest.com/about/goodies/
- Pin Etiquette http://pinterest.com/about/etiquette/
- Mobile PR Pinning – http://blog.pinterest.com/mobile – Don’t miss a PR pin, there is an app to keep up with the mobile pinning movement
How to Pin for PR Promotion without breaking the rules of Planet Pinterest?
- Pin and build your social brand story,
- Perform Social PR market research
- Check out how to reach new audiences with your boards
According to PinEtiquetteRule #3: Pinterest is designed to curate and share things you love. If there is a photo or project you’re proud of, pin away! However, try not to use Pinterest purely as a tool for self-promotion.
- Pinterest is a site that allows anyone to create online scrapbooks of stuff they find on the web that they like;
- It’s growing incredibly fast and experts are banking on it;
- Pinterest is building an interest graph, which means chances are it will build a very strong business through affiliate fees and/or targeted advertising.
Pin for it! Follow my PR Pinterests.