Did your CMO get the memo? Facebook is so real it might be named the next planet, Pinterest is not only a word, it is becoming a verb and Twitter is today’s answer to modern day news. Thanks to Krista Neher’s team at Boot Camp Digital, you can learn a thing or two about the DNA of social media with this infographic.
Social #PR savvy pros understand businesses need to either adapt or die when it comes to social media.
Some of today’s facts and stat include that each day:
- 100,000 Tweets are sent
- 48 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube
- $272,000 is spent by consumers online
Why is social media important in 2013?
- 70% of adult social networkers already shop online
- There are now 2.27 billion people online
- 53% of adult social networks actively follow a brand
How do you get publicity from social media? Brands need to deliver:
- Deals and promotions (83% of networkers)
- Rewards programs (70% of networkers)
- Exclusive content (58% of networkers)
Krista Neher, CEO of Boot Camp Digital, is an international speaker on digital marketing and provides marketing solutions for Fortune 500 companies as well as start-ups and small businesses.